Error Message when trying to Link Profile

Apr 30, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Hello!  This project looks awesome!  I am having  a bit of trouble testing it however.  I have deployed and activated the feature on the MySite Host, added the webparts to the My Newsfeed and My Profile pages so far so good.  When I click on either link to Connect LInkedIn Profile, I am immediately thrown to an error such as the following:

Server Error in '/' Application.

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.]
   System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, Exception exception) +2343888
   System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) +86
   System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) +123
   System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) +86
   System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) +123
   System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest) +7243141
   System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult) +217
   System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData) +376
   System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData) +0
   System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) +98
   System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult result) +1134
   System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +88
   System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size) +20
   System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async) +360

[WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.]
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +1126
   TamTam.SharePoint2010.LinkedIn.oAuthLinkedIn.WebResponseGet(HttpWebRequest webRequest) +488
   TamTam.SharePoint2010.LinkedIn.oAuthLinkedIn.WebRequest(Method method, String url, String postData) +531
   TamTam.SharePoint2010.LinkedIn.oAuthLinkedIn.oAuthWebRequest(Method method, String url, String postData) +2794
   TamTam.SharePoint2010.LinkedIn.oAuthLinkedIn.AuthorizationLinkGet(Boolean secureConnection) +167
   TamTam.SharePoint2010.LinkedIn.BaseLinkedInWebPart.HandleAuthroize() +1017
   TamTam.SharePoint2010.LinkedIn.BaseLinkedInWebPart.CreateChildControls() +52
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +146
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +61
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

I have verified the entire certificate chain for validity and trust on all machines in the farm, and each certificate is in its respective store, and the entire chain checks out.  

Any suggestions you could give me on how to move past this?

Thanks so much!

Jeremiah

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Sep 4, 2010 at 1:12 PM

We are seeing exactly the same issue. We guess its configuration related, but hit it on every machine we have tried. Any advice really appreciated.

Sep 5, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I just blogged the solution over here: http://community.zevenseas.com/Blogs/Daniel/archive/2010/09/04/calling-an-ssl-web-service-from-sharepoint-2010-for-example-linkedin.aspx